Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A photo


This photo is sort of a famous one in our family. It s the last photo taken of my mom before she died in a car accident on July 14, 1983. My sister reminded me of the date today. I was 20 and my sister was 18. She and my dad had been married 20 years and met in high school. The photo is of her seeing off Yuko our Japanese foreign exchange student as she traveled back home.

But for me this photo isn't the one I like the best. Actually there isn't just one photo. It's more the different phases in her life in my 20 years with her that I remember.



This is one of my favorite looks. The 70's straight long hair. A young boys memory of his mom before he got too old to hang around her.











The business professional look. The bank manager during my teen years.








I can't say that I remember this one but I love the late sixties outfit with the gloves. This was probably Easter Sunday.

No comments: