Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday thoughts 2012

Today is my 49th birthday. I have a simple day planned spending it with a friend and then an evening with my wife.

As I sit here and think about my upcoming 50th birthday which I have to say freaks me out just a bit. It will become harder and harder to think of myself as a young boy. But something I thought about is where I was in my life at each turn of a decade.

In 1973 I was living in Salinas California and turned 10. Probably had a traditional birthday party with cake and presents. I might have a picture of me somewhere.

In 1983 at 20 I was living off campus in Spokane Washington at Whitworth College. I probably spent the day in classes.

In 1993 my wife Chris threw me a 30th birthday bash in the back room of Patty's bar and Grill.

In 2003 for my 40th I was in London with my wife and little brother and his girlfriend at the time. They had bought me a cake and blew up some balloons and decorated the flat.

So for 2013 who knows what I will be doing or where.



No comments: